Understand the inherently peaceful presence of Awareness the art of Living in the NOW, and see that this peace is not dependent upon the condition of the mind, body or world, just as a screen is not dependent on the quality of the words or images that appear on it.

 

Fraser Trevor Fraser Trevor Author
Title: MORNING PRAYER
Author: Fraser Trevor
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
Plakette für Dietrich Bonhoeffer in Berlin (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) O God, early in the morning I cry to you. Help me to pray An...
Plakette für Dietrich Bonhoeffer in Berlin
Plakette für Dietrich Bonhoeffer in Berlin (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
O God, early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray
And to concentrate my thoughts on you:
I cannot do this alone.
In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
But you know the way for me…
Restore me to liberty,
And enable me to live now
That I may answer before you and before me.
Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Enhanced by Zemanta

Advertisement

Post a Comment

 
Top